Monday, June 16, 2008

OK, so you're no Jackson Pollock

I think Kate is going to flake out on me and our new hobby. Don't you? Here she is during her second attempt at making a grand masterpiece out of the post-it holder:


And here she is after deciding that said second attempt is not nearly good enough. (Evidence of her gusto in painting is clearly visible on her lovely shirt--a more beleaguered Kate I have yet to see.)


I'm all for being a perfectionist (as anyone who knows me knows), but I am fearful that Kate's pursuit of the do-it-yourself that looks distinctly un-done-by-yourself is going to frustrate her right into never coming again. And then I will be stuck being one of the quirky ladies who comes into the shop and sits by herself for hours fanatically painting teapots with an aim to rival Sevres. I need friends to make me look sane! There's social-safety in numbers! Please, Kate, I beg of you--do not give up the hobby! What else are you going to do!?! Philately???

3 comments:

sean said...

pottery painting pics are so fun. hope both of y'all continue going. i will commission work :)

Suburban Sweetheart said...

Dear Mr. Thibault:

I make no artistic guarantees.

SKB

Blake said...

I do!

RBC