Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh What a Night!

Did anyone else catch last night's Yankee game? I think the NYTimes said it best when it described the game as going from mundane to wild to weird. For those of you who didn't catch it, we were down 4-2 in the 9th as it began to thunder storm. But we stuck in there, and came up with a huge rally to tie it. Thank you Andy Phillips (who looks eerily similar to my boss) who hussled out a double--and when it's Ichiro fielding the ball, that's no easy feat--and was driven in by the guy who pinch hit for Nick Green (name escapes me). Bubba (my darling!) who pinch ran for nameless player made it to 2nd on a wild pitch and then to home on a sac fly by Damon to tie the score. A-Rod was up, but then the sky really opened up so they called a rain delay with A-Rod 3-1 in his at-bat. So insane! Unfortunately I fell asleep during the Paul O'Neil Yankeeography (which I'd seen before) that they play during all rain delays so I didn't get to see the fantastic ending. But, after a 2 hour delay, Cabrera hit a walk off homer in the 11th to seal the deal. I'll bet Torre really enjoyed his birthday.

In other news I have been ferociously working all day on a project that I really care about. SO awesome to feel productive, useful and all the rest. I've even been writing some survey questions (which may or may not make it into the final cut, but I'm writing and doing something that most interns don't work on). Solid.

For those of you who have been actively searching on my behalf since my first blog post, I found and ordered a pair of wellies so that's done. I'm very excited and hope to hell they fit. I'm always wary of ordering clothes from a catalogue because they inevitably don't fit and in the weirdest places, too. Bah.

In other news, the weather at 9am was lovely. I hope it stays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.