Friday, August 01, 2008

My Daily Ritual

Sometimes I feel like my blog is a clearinghouse for interesting New York Times articles, but then again, when the one inviolate morning ritual is a perusal of the Times, it is inevitable that I will want to share the best and brightest writings of the week. Today I was moved to add Judith Warner's blog, Domestic Disturbances, to my blog roll (see at right), in hopes that some or all of you may wander over periodically to bear witness to her brilliance and insight. This would certainly save time in linking to her each and every time she writes something spot on. The camp article, which is her most recent, is intriguing, but scroll down to her July 17th post, Trust Buster, on John McCain and women.

Other great articles from this week include:

Tom Friedman's Op-Ed, Drilling in Afghanistan

Salon.com's Broadsheet (not the Times!) on Obama and Late Term Abortion. This one is particularly worthy as it addresses Obama's very concerning comments on reproductive rights and politicking that is frankly offensive and giving pause to many a woman this election season, myself included. Bottom line: don't gamble my life and my rights to score political points. It's repellant.

This week's office favortie on YouTube:

No comments: