Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hello Dolly, It's so nice to have you back where you belong

I've decided that it's time for me to resurrect the blog. It's been two years and my inner muse is itching to break free. I wonder also if it might have something to do with the onset of summer. 

The only hitch is figuring out what to write about. Clearly some cross posting of my work blog entries will happen, but with the inclusion of partisan rantings, election-related diatribes and inappropriate commentary. I'm looking forward to it. 

Now that Clinton has endorsed Obama and the Dems have a lone candidate, it is time to crank up my own political machine. I've been searching for great Obama paraphernalia, but I have yet to find the one T-shirt that is hip enough for me, but inspiring enough that merely by walking the streets of DC sporting such striking attire will motivate others to vote Blue come November. I really do have such high ambitions for my politically-motivated attire. Ideas are welcome. 

I've already begun to plan an election night party, complete with Obama cookies, themed decorations and perhaps Illinois foods (if I can find any that won't immediately result in a coronary). This is going to be the event of the year if I have anything to say about it. New York friends, mark your calendars!

If you're mourning the loss of Hillary Clinton, my condolences. Here's a speech of his that may help you feel better about getting behind the presumptive nominee. 

Meanwhile, I am mourning the 4 month wait until new episodes of Bones. I'm not sure I'm going to survive with all my present sanity intact. I'm thinking of attempting to get my fix by reading the books the show is based on. I am that desperate, not that I don't already have several books waiting on my nightstand. Over-achievement and procrastinating don't mix as well as I originally thought. 

1 comment:

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I think you should get into "Criminal Minds," at least the first two seasons, if you're looking for a new crime drama with character development.

I want to have an Obama party! Such a good idea! BARACK THE VOTE.

So glad you have a blog...