Monday, July 31, 2006

Frozen Airborne Pigs in the Underworld

OK, strangely enough I have this one line from the commercials for "Accepted" stuck in my head. Accepted is the new movie with the kid from "Ed" and the Mac commmercials where they make up their own university because they didn't get into any of the ones they applied to. Anyway, the point is, there is one scene where one of the kids, not the lead guy, is in a hot dog costume (clearly handing out flyers for a stand or some such) and is leaning over, with his hand about knee-level, wiggling his fingers, as he says in the BEST VOICE EVER: "Ask me about my weiner!" It's just priceless how it's in this low almost, pig-call voice, where it goes up at the end. Ah, classic! That line alone is tempting me to go see the movie. I just crack up every time.

Had a fiasco attempt at getting to workt his morning. To keep a VERY long story short, my morning commute included all of the following (and then some):

1. 15 minute wait for a train that never came, forcing me to take a...

2. non-airconditioned train on the wrong line that...

3. let me out on 8th ave--miles away from the office, resulting in my...

4. being late

Not fun. It took me a half hour to cool down in an office where you usually need an ice pick to de-freeze me from my chair. Bah Humbug!

Just wrote in a recent email to Jen: "Hell is clearly freezing over, pigs are soon to fly." I like it!

No comments: